Your booking is not confirmed until your class is paid for in full. Payment can be made via clicking “Pay Now” on your invoice. Urban Kitchen accepts VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX and EFT payments. You can also provide credit card details via phone. Surcharges apply on all credit card payments.
Cancellation Refund Policy:
Cancellation with more than 28 days notice prior to the event date will incur a 50% cancellation charge*
Cancellation with 14-28 days notice prior to event date will incur a 75% cancellation charge*
Final numbers are required two weeks prior to your event.
*Please note that once bookings are confirmed in December – they are unable to be refunded
Reduction of guest numbers 2 weeks prior to the event date are non refundable. Please note that some classes are subject to minimum group sizes.
We do know that sometimes rescheduling is unavoidable. We require a minimum of 14 days notice to reschedule your event to another date and a rescheduling fee of $500 will apply. Please note rescheduling is not available in December.
We require final guest numbers 10 days prior to your event. If numbers decrease between ten days prior to your event up to 48 hours, a $100 admin fee (per guest no longer attending) applies for any associated refunds or credits towards beverage on consumption.
If numbers decrease under 48 hours no refunds will be applicable. Numbers cannot decrease below the minimum number specified for each class.
Urban Kitchen Cooking Classes are a group based. Guests cook in groups at shared workstations then enjoy the meal they have prepared together at the end of the class…
We happily accommodate all dietary requirements where possible. Please provide details of any dietary requirements (allergies, intolerances, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan or halal) 10 days prior to class booking. Without 10 days notice we may not be able to adjust our menus to accommodate your needs. If this is the case we are able to offer a cooked meal for these guests at $25 per meal.
Classes run by Urban Kitchen will start on time. We advise guests to arrive on time for the beginning of the class. We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your confirmed commencement time.
Guests will not attend if they have become ill within 48 hours before the event with any symptoms such as colds and flu, diarrhoea, vomiting. These can be spread through food, we need to protect all of the guests.
Urban Kitchen is a hands-on cooking class. Comfortable clothing and comfortable closed-toe shoes are recommended. Long hair must be tied back.
Some classes may be recorded/photographed and part of the content may be used for promoting future classes on Urban Kitchen online channels, including (but not restricted to) Facebook, Instagram, our website and email newsletters. Please notify us when booking if this is unsuitable for your group.
Guests will be served alcohol on the premises responsibly and guests will consume responsible in accordance with out liquor licensing requirements.
When participating in a cooking class or event where the guests will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the guest releases indemnifies and excludes Urban Kitchen and its employees from any and/or liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting Urban Kitchen.
Urban Kitchen will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class or event. Urban Kitchen is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a guest does happen to leave an item in the venue we will do everything in our capacity to locate it for you. Prompt collection is appreciated.
The guest or organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of Urban Kitchen property or premises during the class or event. The cost of repairing any damage will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
Should Urban Kitchen be unable to provide for your class or event due to circumstances beyond the control of Urban Kitchen, Urban Kitchen is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that may be incurred.
This website is owned and operated by Urban Kitchen (Part of the Urban Foodies). The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions. Urban Kitchen does not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Urban Kitchen accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information in this site.
Whilst Urban Kitchen has made all efforts to ensure your safety, participation in our classes will involves the use of cooking appliances and utensils.
- As a participant in one of our classes, you understand and accept the inherent risks in the preparation and cooking of food at a cooking class, and it is understood and expressly agreed by you that by making payment for and/or by attending a Urban Kitchen class, to the extent permitted by law, you release, indemnify and hold harmless Urban Kitchen from any and all liability of whatsoever nature for any damage, harm and/or injury that may result from or is in connection with, your attendance and/or participation.
- Urban Kitchen does not in any way promote or condone excessive drinking and/or drink driving. We encourage guests to make alternative travel arrangements to and from our classes, should they choose to consume alcohol after a class.
- Guests agree and acknowledge that by participating and/or attending a class, they do so at the express invitation of Urban Kitchen. Urban Kitchen reserves the right to ask any guest to leave at any time in the event that their behaviour, attitude and/or conduct is deemed by Urban Kitchen to be disruptive, offensive to others, dangerous, reckless and/or harmful, in any way.
- Guests release us from all claims, damages and causes of action or liabilities which may arise as a result of your preparation, storage and consumption of food taken home from their classes.
- Our liability to them shall not exceed the total price charged for any sessions/classes booked.
Urban Kitchen operates under required operational public liability insurance.
As a fully operational cooking studio, Urban Kitchen utilise nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar and other raw natural ingredients and wholefoods on our premises every day. Urban Kitchen is aware of potential allergies to these foods and the severity of the reactions some individual may experience.
- In the interest of safety and comfort of everybody attending our cooking classes, Urban Kitchen must be notified of any allergies ten days prior to guests attending the class.
- Urban Kitchen will do our utmost to remove allergens from recipes but cannot guarantee that cross contamination has no occurred in the venue.
- Urban Kitchen reserves the right to refuse entry to an event on the day (with no refund) if the guest has a known allergy and hasn’t informed us prior to attending the class.